Everyone is aware of the current IPv4 consumption problem, and many are aware of the mass hoarding of IPs, pre-ARIN and since ARIN took control.
I have concerns being an end customer, and by ARIN’s terms “Residential Customer”. I have various IP allocations, mostly single IPs with a number of providers. These accounts do various things, all for my personal use and enjoyment. None are commercial in nature, none exceed more than 5 usable IPs.
I’ve never filled out an IP justification form for these services.
My questions to providers with their own ASN and those dealing with IP Justification forms regularly:
1. Do you transmit RESIDENTIAL CUSTOMER information to ARIN. That would be name, address, city, state, zip code, country, IP issued, etc. ?
2. If you transmit RESIDENTIAL CUSTOMER information to ARIN, is any of it anonymized, made unavailable or otherwise reduced in what is disclosed?
2. Do you find ARIN does or doesn’t require such information “sharing”?
3. Do you or would you disclose such information “sharing” practices to your customers?
5. Do you think ARIN should be entrusted with such information on clients and their personal details?
This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service — if this is your content and you’re reading it on someone else’s site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers.