Note: 100% web hosting beginner here but I want to learn.
So… I just subscribed to a VPS hosting and am currently in the process of migrating my WordPress websites over.
- Downloaded my websites files from the old hosts
- Upload them into the file manager of the new host
- Exported my website database from old hosts
- Imported those database into the new host
- Edited wp-config to match with the current database information
- In my domain registrar (GoDaddy and Namecheap), I switched out my old hosts nameserver to the new one.
- GoDaddy allows me to add a host name which allows me to bind my new nameserver with the IP address of the new host
- Namecheap on the other hand doesn’t allow this. I think there is a problem here which I will need to get in contact with Namecheap on this.
What other things did I miss out to complete the migration?
This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service — if this is your content and you’re reading it on someone else’s site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers.