Despite what my WHT label says, I’m pretty much a beginner at hosting; I’ve always only used cPanel Shared Hosting – and Fatcow’s vDeck for one year – since my first experience in 2010.
Now, I need hosting for my personal website; here are the site “specs”.
- WordPress site – on the main domain only
- 20GB space at least – room to grow
- ??GB bandwidth – I mostly upload small files (like avatars and low-res images), so I ain’t sure about it
- A few subdomains – two for now, but I might add more
- No email – gonna use my Gmail and Yahoo addresses
- Less that 50-60 visitors/day per site on both main domain and subdomains
Based on the above, but mostly on my budget, I have to go with Shared Hosting; I’ve already picked a few webhosts that seem to suit my need. Here they are.
1) Arvixe Personal Class – $ 4/mo :: Unlimited Space/Bandwidth
2) HostColor CMS Hosting – $ 4,99/mo :: 20GB Space/100GB Bandwidth
I’ve also considered HostWithLove.com, but I’ve found no reviews for the service and, also, I tend to be a bit wary of new hosts.
On the contrary, I’ve read maybe too many reviews about both Arvixe and HostColor, but it’s well-known reviews must be taken with a grain of salt and they confused me more; that’s why I need your help.
Can you share your experiences with the hosts above, in order to help me make my final decision?
This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service — if this is your content and you’re reading it on someone else’s site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers.