Hi, I’m looking for objective, impartial recommendations for a hosting company for a new WordPress site:
- B2b site used to establish credibility and build a mailing list.
- Focused, niche market w/ relatively low number of visitors and pageviews.
- Small number (~5) of PDFs available for free download.
- Autoresponder functionality tied to a commercial service like AWeber.
- 2 – 3 short videos
Currently, I have a site (not WordPress-based) hosted on a Linux shared server on Rackspace Cloud. I’m very happy w/ Rackspace in terms of customer service and uptime, but I’ve heard that they are not really optimized for WordPress.
My technical skills: some HTML, FTP experience, trainable, but would prefer to focus on my core business.
- The site needs to load reasonably quickly.
- Am concerned about potential hacking, as I understand that WordPress is a frequent target, so some kind of server-side detection and prevention would be good.
- Easy site installation and management.
- Customer service is important.
- Cost needs to be relatively low.
- Company is honest and has integrity.
I’m interested in impartial advice from people who have real-world experience with hosting providers, as objective users themselves. (Not to offend anyone, but resellers and hosting company employees – not sure you can really provide unbiased opinions.)
What hosting companies would you recommend and why? What companies should be avoided?
This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service — if this is your content and you’re reading it on someone else’s site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers.