I am planning to develop a web portal in the online education space. The portal will offer online teaching and student testing platform to institutions. Since there will be a lot of HD videos uploaded to the site from any corner of the world and online testing is something where there shouldn’t be any lag between the loading time of 2 questions, I am confused on which hosting I should go for ? The site has been made in Custom PHP from the ground up.
1) Should I go in for cloud hosting or dedicated ?
2) Should I host online testing and videos on dedicated,and rest of the minor things like forum and stuff on VPS ?
3) What to look for when buying hosting ? bandwidth ?
4) I want to offer 2 types of videos- HD and normal,like youtube. How can this be done ? Should I host videos on Wistia or vimeo or will this increase the price significantly ?
5) For students not able to share the same id with other students,can I lock the user validity only on his IP or system ?
Let me know your best thoughts on this and the experience of your company in hosting.
This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service — if this is your content and you’re reading it on someone else’s site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers.