I am actually in need of some advice from you guys. I have done my research but I am still a little confused and I hope I can get some help in choosing the right hosting solution.
We are in the midst of launching a networking website for our university of about twenty thousand students. We will be expanding the service to neighboring universities too in the near future.
We have not launched the site yet. Therefore, not sure of the expected bandwidth and all those stuff. Looking for datacenters in the USA (but, any location is fine for now)
We are also running on a tight budget because we are all students.
Have shortlisted the following companies :
1) AWS (Cloud) – Read that it is very expensive but they also seem to have something for startups. Not sure if it is really going to be cheap for startups.
2) Digital Ocean (Cloud) – Seems extremely cheap. But, apparently they also do have quite a lot of technical issues.
3) KnownHost (VPS) – Have been reading a lot of good things about them on WHT. At this point, could only afford their vps plans.
4) OVH (Dedicated Server) – The price seems to fit our budget. But, they seem to have technical issues and security issues lately.
I would appreciate any recommendations, opinions and advice from the hosting experts.
Sorry about the title. I cannot edit it. It should have been VPS, Dedicated Server or Cloud.
Last edited by ilikedogs; Today at 02:36 PM. Reason: Mistake in title
This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service — if this is your content and you’re reading it on someone else’s site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers. Five Filters recommends:
- Massacres That Matter – Part 1 – ‘Responsibility To Protect’ In Egypt, Libya And Syria
- Massacres That Matter – Part 2 – The Media Response On Egypt, Libya And Syria
- National demonstration: No attack on Syria – Saturday 31 August, 12 noon, Temple Place, London, UK